Recent Posts

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What? No closet?

During our renovations, the issue of not having a closet was becoming a BIG issue.  Telling a fashionista she has to keep her clothes in boxes was not going so well day after day.  Telling the FRUGAL FASHIONISTA installing a closet on a budget was not going over so well either.


Praise the LORD for IKEA!!!!  During one of my many trips to ikea during the renovation I ran across the pax wardrobe system. I had been coveting these wardrobes for months.  But, at $120 a pop, and needing 7 of them.  I just couldn't find myself to drop the dough.  You can not imagine my excitement when I found pax wardrobes in the "as is" section of ikea.  The color was antique, which was to be discontinued in the coming months.  They had 10 in stock at $10 a piece.  I told the clerk without hesitation, "i want all of them!".  7 had been my guess for months but I had not formally measured the space.  But, I was not taking any chances on the wardrobe of my dreams.


While I was not crazy about the color, the hubby and I painted and primed them the same color as our bedroom walls with hopes of them blending in a bit.  And so, the work began.  We are thrilled with the outcome!  I have a super organized closet where I am able to see everything I own.  I opted for white linen curtains to give the room some softness since we did not do drapes anywhere in our home.  The total cost of this dream closet was only $250 (including interior organization accsesories and fabric for curtain from ikea).  While our home is oh so small, I don't think I will be able to find another closet that will give this one competition.  
Storage of clothes before:


Honey.....Look what I bought????!!!



Hubby installing the wardobes, with me giving him direction.....he had to have a beer to get through this one!


Ahhhh....... love the organization.









0 comments:

Post a Comment